11 Popular Places for Kids to have FUN in Myrtle Beach
1. Water Parks
There are 3 water parks in Myrtle Beach. Along with water park options, the resort or campgrounds you stay at may have water slides, lazy rivers kiddie pools and other amenities to have fun with.
• Myrtle Waves is a fun water park and can get them combined at a package price with NASCAR Speed Park and Pavilion Nostalgia Park All 3 are in and near Broadway at the Beach.
• Wild Water & Wheels Water Park is another fun water park easily accessible for everyone staying on the south end of Myrtle Beach. They are located at 910 U.S. 17 Business, Surfside Beach, SC 29575 (843) 238-3787
• Family Kingdom Water Park is right on the ocean and is across the street from their partner venue Family Kingdom Amusement Park. They are located at 300 South Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843)626-3447
2. Ripley’s Aquarium & Attractions
Known for the headline, “Ripley’s Believe It Or Not” amazing facts and oddities are discovered and presented to all onlookers.
• Ripley.s Aquarium in Broadway at the Beach and is a classic favorite In Myrtle Beach. The kids love it and it’s fun and educational for all ages. Featuring 10,000 exotic sea creatures that comprise more than 350 individual species and adding new entertainment features all year long like mermaids, sharks and others, it’s worth revisiting every time your come to Myrtle Beach.
» The following attractions are located on Ocean Blvd. between Mr. Joe White ave. and 9th ave. north.
• Ripley’s Moving Theater is a 3D adventure where you get to feel the bumps, dips and turns feeling like you are in the movie.
• Ripley’s Haunted Adventure is a multi-million dollar haunted house featuring live actors, animatronics and bone chilling special effects.
• Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum is a unique experience, where you will find things so extraordinary, so shocking, you’ll wonder how they could possibly be true!
• Ripley’s Mirror Maze will challenge your perception of reality and make you focus all your senses to determine your way through a dazzling complex of mirrored reflections
3. Amusement Parks
Several choice for amusement parks, big and small.
• Family Kingdom is the largest in the Myrtle Beach area. Rides include the Ferris Wheel, a train that circles the property, two roller coasters, dodgems, slingshot, go carts and more. They are located at 300 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (843)626-3447
• Pavilion Nostalgia Park is located in Broadway at the Beach. Rides include the Kiddie Dune Buggie, Kiddie Pirate Ship, Kiddie Tea Cup, Kiddie Motorcycle and more.
• Carousel Park is also located in Broadway at the Beach. Rides include the Rio Grand Train, Red Baron Airplanes, the Classical Carousel and more.
• Coca-Cola Cool Zone is located at Barefoot Landing featuring a Merry Go Round. It’s a small venue not classified as a park but convenient when spending the day at Barefoot Landing.
• Ocean Drive Pavilion Amusement Park is located next to the intersection of Main Street and Ocean Blvd. in North Myrtle Beach. Rides include the Ferris Wheel, bumper cars, a roller coaster, zip line and more.
4. Pizza & Games Restaurants
There are 2 very popular pizza and game restraints on a grand scale. Sorry there is no Chuck e Cheese locations here. The closest is in Florence.
No worries though. The Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone has everything but the show. A great place for birthday parties and celebrations or just plain fun. Considered one of the best piazzas in Myrtle Beach, add a huge assortment of games with tickets won you can pick your prize. They are located at 959 Lake Arrowhead Rd Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 (843) 449-1160,
Surfs Up in Carolina Forest next to Kroegers is the other game and pizza place for fun. Along with pizza and arcade games, lazer tag is awesome too. They are located at 4112 Carolina Commercial Dr., Myrtle Beach SC 29579 (843)236-3444
5. Fun Warehouse
The Fun Warehouse is large facility with plenty of fun to offer. This is the perfect place for groups. From the minute you walk in, the only question is what to do first.
Things To Do include:
• Roller Skating
• Laser Tag
• Soft Play Inflatables
• Snack bar
• Go cart racing outside
Located next to Walmart on Rt. 544 in Surfside /.Myrtle Beach, it’s easy to find and well worth your time. It’s fun for all ages.
6. The Boardwalk on the Ocean
The Boardwalk on the Ocean is a great way to spend some time. The view is great, the breeze feels nice and there are things for all ages.
The Ripley’s Believe it or not Attractions are on the boulevard. There are arcade games, pizza, hot dogs and ice cream. The skywheel and slingshot is there. Plenty of shops with henna tatoos, t-shirts, collectibles and the Original Gay Dolphin Store.
Fireworks every week during the summer. Festivals and live music are among favorite events all summer long.
7. Wonder Works in Broadway at the Beach
Wonder Works in Broadway at the Beach is a very cool place and fun for all ages. The first thing you notice is the upside down building. Another landmark in Broadway that is pretty much an interactive science museum.
As you enter, everything is upside down. You have to go through the inversion tunnel and defy gravity to get the right perspective and continue your journey and what a journey with over 100 interactive exhibits.
A sampling of the exhibits include the Hurricane Shack, the Anit-Gravity Chamber, Xtreme 360 Bikes, Space Zone, Wonder Park, Wonder Simulators and many more.
Plan to be there a while. You can spend the day with the family and friends with all there is to do. They have food and drink including adult beverages, after all, your on vacation.
8. Rockin’ Jump The Ultimate Trampoline Park
Rockin’ Jump has made a fun impact since opening in 2016.
One of the latest crazes is the trampoline jumping. It’s here in Myrtle Beach since the arrival of Rockin’ Jump
9. Miniature Golf
There is no shortage of miniature golf courses along the Grand Strand, especially in Myrtle Beach. With over 50+ to choose from when you add up all the resorts with their own mini golf courses for their patrons, you will find one to challenge your family and friends.
Popular coursed inlcude Mt. Atlanticus. Captain Hooks, Hawaiian Rumble. Pirate’s Watch, Treasure Island, Dragon’s Lair, Cancun Lagoon and the list goes on.
The phrase for the day is “Hole In One”. Have fun!
10. Boat Rides
Ready for a Dolphin Cruise or a Banana Boat Ride? There are many locations that offer this service along the Grand Strand.. Maybe it’s fishing you want. It’s all available.
Here is a list of some businesses to contact:
• Blue Wave Adventures – Murrells Inlet, SC (843) 651-3676
• Super Voyager Dolphin Adventure Cruises – Calabash, SC (843) 626-9500
• Downwind Water Sports – 2915 S Ocean Blvd – Myrtle Beach, SC 843) 448-7245
• Myrtle Beach Family Charter Fishing – 7711 Woodland Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC (843) 685-2737
• Pirate Jet Boat Rides – 783 Riverward Dr Myrtle Beach (843) 232-8225
• Captain Dick’s Dolphin Watch – Murrells Inlet Marina (866)557-FISH
There a lot of choices besides this list. Just do a search for the location nearest you.
11. Dave and Busters
Located in Broadway at the Beach where the Hard Rock Cafe resided before moving and rebuilding a new home inside the courtyard in Broadway, Dave and Busters has made fun come alive. Well know for its games to test your skills, it appeals to both the younger player and adults as well.
Big screen TV’s for sporting events, good food, prizes and lots of fun set the tone for a good time. It’s also a great place to plan events such as:
- Company Events
- Holiday Parties
- Multi-Location Events
- Team Building Activities
- Adult Social Events
- Youth Social Events
- Kids Birthdays
As with all these choices and there are many more in Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area, bring those cameras for pictures and videos. Oh the memories about to happen…..